Saturday, September 8, 2007

New iPod


While searching through the website www.slashdot.org, I came across an interesting article about the new Apple iPods. Apple has redesigned the iPod and while they are still keeping the “classic” they have created a new touch screen called iPod Touch, similar to the new iPhone. I was rather excited and annoyed at the same time by the surprise announcement because about two weeks ago I purchased a 30 gig classic at the same price as the 80 gig classic is now. I understand that Apple is making changes and I think that is great, but I wish I would have known so I could have waited and purchased a larger sized iPod or even the new iPod Touch.


The link to the article is http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/09/05/1830228.shtml. There are well over one hundred comments about the new Apple release and I would say half are positive and the other half is negative.


I think the idea of a touch iPod is great because the one thing I really do not like about mine is the wheel. I am excited about the new iPod because I think it is going to be even easier to use then the now classic iPod plus it has wireless on it so you can connect to the internet using Apple’s browser Safari and with the new iPod you can now download iTunes songs directly to the device instead of putting it on you computer and then putting it on your iPod.


Overall, the website seems very informative about technology and there were many articles I found interesting. I gave my boyfriend the website because he is a Business Information Systems major and I knew he would find it very helpful and interesting. I think it will also help him to stay updated on the latest technology information.

* image from www.apple.com


1 comment:

turtlegirl said...

I liked the blog, and I feel the same way about ipods with the wheel. I find the wheels pretty troublesome as well when I am trying to listen to it.